big ass banner hanging up in the practice room that said. . .
"FAILURE TO PLAN AHEAD ON YOUR PART, DOES NOT NECESSARILY CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART"
I wish I could have that as my signature in my emails at work.
this is what I get at work . .
client - "oh we forgot about this and it snuck right up on us, but we need this 8 page brochure delivered to us tomorrow."
me - "well, thats not really possible, we have to write the copy, come up with images that are better than your jpgs that you got of the net, design the layout, get quotes from the printer, choose a paper, choose how many colors based on your budget, go through the proofing process, etc."
client - "Budget?"
me - "yes, it costs money to get these made."
client - "oh, I thought you guys just did them for us"
me - "uhm, no. Plus your looking at about a 3 week turn around when our typical turnaround is 6 weeks. So, no . . you can't have them tomorrow"
client - "but, but, . . oh the boss is not gonna be happy about this"
me - "tough shit. He knows the procedures, he just doesn't want to follow them."
(insert banner phrase here)
People think graphic design is just a one button magic machine. Like a machine that you just go up to and type in the info. Hit GO, and the brochure shoots out the ass end of the computer.
Ignorant people piss me off.
This is why I smoke.
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
He's just trying to out power us.
tain't gonna happen though.
a) the laws of physics prevent such a thing
b) sounds like some shit my boss pulls on me EVERY F-n' day
c) PREACH ON REV. MILLER, Preach it Brother, Amen!
what happened to the house? or whatever Caroline was talking about with Police???
Haha.... you know we deal with that shit everyday. We even made a sign that says "Drive Thru Graphic Design... $.75" Cuz people treat our office like its a fuckin lemonade stand. "NO! I can't just 'scan that in' and make it work!"
Post a Comment