Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sometimes I'm Truly Inspired.

And this ad.











Does it to me.
We do alot of ads. ALOT.
And to think about being given this project.

Okay, its a free summer job for kids from 8-12.
Its got to get parents attentions as well as kids.
The job entails working in an apple store and learning cool things.
Oh, and no use of photos.
No kids playing with ipods. In fact, no product shots.

Ready. Set. Design.

well, how about a summer camp idea, set outside (when really they will be in an apple store all day), with the logo and "Camp" made out of circles of green that are bushes. The dock onto the lake could be a USB port, have things like the click wheel as innertubes. All vector art, maybe a big map.

That ads makes me want to be a better designer.
Everything about it.

The grid in the background but fluid shapes all around it.
The discreet little path arrow that points straight to the apple.
saying . . start reading here! apple camp.
the small but needed drop shadow for every bush.
To the way the water shade goes to a darker blue on the edge to balance out the brown navigation area in the opposite corner.
To the names of the things on the map.


I mean, I wish I was 8-12 years old so that I could go.


That.
Is.
Bad to the Bone.



KM

No comments: