So, I am just kinda starting to feel like I still need to do a little more growing up.
I kinda feel like I'm on a nice little glide down for a landing into the normal world. Where people do other things than go through the doors of dark neon lit spaces.
There have been alot of people over the years who have taught me what they think is right and wrong. And where those lines are that divide doing good and doing bad. And I think that I've started out on one side of the line, and looped over to the other side.
Thats what I've always fought too... thinking, I shouldn't be doing this, . . .wait, this is ok.
I go through this process on alot of decisions. Not just about partying. Even in "being the boss" or career decisions. A ton of different decisions all battling their sides to find out the answers. Because, ya know, "Everybody's lookin' fer answers."
But I find lately that the situations that require such decisions can be dramatically reduced, if you just meet in the middle.
I guess what I'm saying is that on this nice SLOW mellow glide down for the approach pattern to the normal world, I know that it will require a bit more conviction of the line that I have figured out to be mine. And not give into the temptation to release it to either side.
I also think, that I'm just wanting a little more out of life these days. I want to enjoy different things while also, enjoying them in a different way. I know that there is alot more out there to experience and more situations from which I can gain knowledge. I've seen the same types of things for about 10 or 15 years. I'm not lessoning the value of these things or these years, I just think that I've kinda ran out of different situations that I could grow from.
Some may call it domestication.
Some may call it slowing down.
Some may call it being a pussy.
Some may call it being "responsible" with the term dripping with sarcasm.
I call it, enjoying life differently than I have for 15 years.
I call it another chapter.
It's time.
I'm excited.
What will it hold?
What will I learn?
I don't know.
But I'm fully stoked.
And have my seatbelt on.
Unless I'm on the bike.
In that case,
I'm safe and holding on!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dude, we've all already slowed down. And you will never be normal unless you're NORML. That's good. And you've always been a pussy. ;-) You call it what you want but we still have all the same friends and do the same things. We just don't get together as often as we once did. That makes the time spent with them that more special. Its all good man... dude.....
I like this very VERY much. Good job! :)
Post a Comment