So, there is this fender...
like a fender flare left behind from a wreck,
or that just fell off of a car.
It's in the gutter on the corner of the intersection
that I turn at daily to get to work.
Everytime I pass by it, I feel like picking it up
and taking it to the garbage.
It just looks like crap and its blocking the drainage vents in the curb.
But then, it became a war between me and the city.
I wanted to see how long it would take for someone
to pick that fucker up.
Everyday, I'd drive by...
look. and be let down.
seriously??!! It's been over 7 months.
Come on city workers!
Today, I made up my mind, that I would give in
and pick it up, put it in the trunk and throw it away.
and low and behold, it was gone.
That made me so freaking happy.
I said out loud to myself.
"Thanks to whoever did that, you made my day"
I was so elated. It was strange to feel so happy
b/c a fender was gone from the gutter.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment