Tuesday, March 06, 2012

I think I need to start blogging again

Why?

Because I have done it since 2003, which means I have almost 10 years of my life out here that I can look back and reflect on from time to time. And its nice to type some shit out and not care who sees it. Facebook and Twitter have been amazing inventions but they wear me out sometime. Why to I continue to check them every hour/half hour/15 minutes. I don't know...

I need to put the phone down, and look up. Which I've started to do a little more.

Well, I turned 35 a week or so ago, and I must admit, it could quite possibly have been the best one I've had ever. I love my life, I have a great job, a wonderful wife that I love more everyday, the best gift anyone could have... a child, and an amazingly beautiful one at that, a wonderful house, a car to get me from here to there, and lots of friends/family. I've sure done some major growing up over the past 10 years, but that doesn't change the fact that I can still throw down a party every once in awhile. Or every 3-4 days really. ;)

I think I'm hanging the congas up to dry. I've been rocking on those things since '96, and I don't think there is much more I can do with them. Plus my hands hurt and I can feel some arthritis in them from time to time.

So, entering into another exciting time for me. I'm going to be playing a cajon now. I've also rigged up a stomp box for a kick sound and play a tambourine with my foot. I've been practicing alot lately and it really frees me up to do alot of different stuff. It fits my abilities perfectly and helps me NOT show off my inabilities. There were many things I'd stumble over on the kit, its basically having to add any fancy footwork into the mix. haha It messes up my left hand. But with this set up, my legs are just keeping a steady beat, and my hands are sounding like a full kit. It's awesome. I'm having so much fun with it, which is what I needed. I was getting burned out doing the same thing with the congas. This is gonna make me grow, and blend so much better with the folks I end up playing with.... namely the Dorman Brothers, and probably a Sunday Night Revival at Grady's. I'm excited about playing again, and that feels great.

alright... enough blog.
ready to finish this day out and then see some friends for the Day of the Dude celebration.

We really haven't grown up that much.


KM

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Give the people what they want... MORE KEVMO!!!