Thursday, February 14, 2013

So, Valentine's Day 2013 finds me...
totally in love with a wife and a child.

Yet, I went to Grady's 66 to watch the Thunder
play while C washed Z's hair and gave her a bath...
while in a spica cast because she broke her femur.

I sat there with one older lady playing gambling games.
One lady and one dude at the bar making small talk.
2 old dudes playing the golf game.
and an older couple on a date.
playing the sappiest shit ever.

I chose to come here.
I chose to watch this game
its so important to me b/c I've watched maybe 2 or 3 games all year.
I'm totally in to it.
I don't have cable.

I realize that I should be home with my wife and kid.
I leave.
I come home in the middle of Z crying an screaming.
C comes walking down the hall calmly.

... Z is frustrated and tired.

This is what I wanted to miss.

.... pull out C's car
Open up Club Kevmo.

yes.
with capitals.

I feel at home.
I am at home.

for the hour I was there?
I felt like everyone wanted me to chime in.
but I sat there in silence.

slowly ordering a beer.
occasionally muttering a "aww really?! come on!" to the TV
as the others fluttered about with ramblings of the sport, and the season, and the players
I just wanted to watch a good game for a couple hours.

and now... here I am.
in Club Kevmo
about closing time.
11 pm.

about to go to sleep with my wife
and my kid in the next room.
in our new sleep number bed.

I'm blessed.

my number is also 25.

KM

No comments: