Sunday, February 14, 2016

2016 will be much different

I've decided to give up alcohol this year.
Why?!

Two main reasons. Challenge and Change.
I've thought about it for 4 or 5 years and would always talk myself out of it.
Well, I didn't really do that, I guess I never talked myself INTO it.
This time, I'm committed.
I've lived my life for the past 20 years or so fairly buzzed or drunk every 2-3 days.
I'm ready to experience other things. See what I find myself doing when I'm not focused on drinking.
Push myself to do something different.
It's been more fun finding what I am going to do with the time that I would normally be just sitting and drinking.
Much more constructive.

Mixing some juices and caffeine-free soda helps sometimes.
I've went over to cookouts with some sparkling water.
It's so carbonated, it makes me feel like I'm drinking a beer.
Plus, the bottles are beer-like, and folks don't razz me too bad.
No one really does that anyway, but ya know.

I'll tell you things I do love about it.
No hangovers. No bubble-guts or beer shits.
A clear mind. No gaps in memories.
I don't smoke, since that was only a thing that I did while drinking.
Only a sporadic greenery lift, but really I just enjoy keeping my mind sober.

It's pretty rad.
I read something the other day that said that some people think they will loose their edge if they stop drinking, when really it ends up giving them and edge.
I would agree to this.
Plus, I'm not putting myself at risk as much.
Ya know, b/c buzzed driving is drunk driving. (alot of us are pros even though we've been caught before)

Anyway, clear mind, clear heart, pretty clear soul.
I'm working my way to becoming unfuckwithable.


#youcanttouchthis

Keep on rockin' people.
I'm gonna go rock out on my drums, then go put the kayak in the water.

peace and love
stay positive and love your life.

No comments: