I just read all of Mac's blogs.
That guy cracks my shit up.
I think its because he thinks alot like how I think.
Kinda same small town story.
Little weird and strange.
Anyway, I wish I could create music like him.
I think it would probably sound quite a bit like it.
But the extent of my songwriting came and went
in a few years in college.
I did write alot though, still have spirals of stuff.
random notepads, napkins... crazy.
I am really enjoying getting a little peek
into the recording process and the life of some of my favorites.
Sevendust is posting a whole bunch of random shit on their site.
and then Tommy Lee is doing the whole publicrecord.com thing.
Damn cool shit.
Makes me want to buy a cajon real bad.
I really think that I should have bought one instead of the congas
back in like '96. I really think its the perfect instrument for the way I hand drum.
I just bought the congas and played them like a kit.
Which is not the traditional way to play them at all.
I started doing some lessons on the traditional way the other day.
I feel retarded when I try it. My hands don't want to flap or have that rhythm.
But the way that I play them like a kit . . .
well, that's kinda what the cajon is made for.
a replacement for a kit in acoustic situations.
I'm gonna get one damn it.
I get excited about playing and learning.
Even though I don't have gigs right now, and really don't want any.
I just still love just playing to groove and learn.
because I can.
I also want to get all my design shit all situated.
update my portfolio and make it all badass.
Yet.
when I get home.
I just want to relax and be lazy.
I gotta stop that.
But really, I guess its kinda that season.
getting there anyway.
well.
okay then.
I gotta get this media guide done.
then I will be fairly caught up.
I can then go back to watching youtube music performances.
and daydreaming about all the different things I want to do.
create, love, laugh, enjoy.
inspire, be inspired, maintain levels.
I'm ready to play with Tedrow on Friday.
He's still my favorite guitar player that I've played with.
should be a hoot.
Saturday will probably suck though.
I wish I had a cajon to enjoy.
I'm glad Kyle is letting me borrow the djembe to play along with the congas.
something a little different that I can make noises with.
I might just put a mic in a guitar case.
that's almost like a cajon.
I feel fucking fantastic by the way.
like all is right in the world.
minus me not having a cajon.
;-)
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment