like Willie Nelson sings.
Little things, I should have said and done.
I just never took the time.
But you were always on my mind.
-------
Why don't I blog more... I mean its kinda like a journal.
And I used to really like to do it.
And now I don't.
And I think Willie is telling me something.
Nothing seems as dramatic anymore.
the little things seem mundane.
no crazy life changing events, persay (whatever that means)
Its like I've grown all I'm gonna grow here at this point.
But thats not true.
It's mentally and physically impossible to not learn things daily.
And learning things makes us grow in some sort of way.
Whether it be that your back is sore, and you learn a way to ease the pain.
Whether it is that you notice
you love to see your wife's smile, much more than any of the other things.
It might be that you realize people are growing up around you, so you might need to too.
I said tutu.
Or maybe its that we have so many distractions,
that we don't even have a point where we sit and ponder how much we really are changing.
Caroline is going to be teaching 2 classes starting Monday,
and I'm gonna miss her.
But I am telling myself, that instead of sitting on my ass watching TV.
or drinking beers at the tavern. I am going to be constructive.
Thats growth right there.
There's a list of a ton of constructive things that I could list for you.
But I might just sit.
and watch.
and wonder.
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hahaha. Your obligatory post on how you're going to be more "constructive" with your time. Like Tom Keifer says, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
You should blog more. Me likey.
Post a Comment