Thursday, October 08, 2009

These days.

These days are growing times.
Kinda like how you grew from learning all of the things at college.
New people, new experiences.

I'm learning how to calm the fuck down on certain things,
but at the same time wanting a new challenge.
And not just personally, but professionally.

I have grown up in a family that supported itself.
Didn't work for any "man".
self-employed.
And even knowing that "that path" is usually much harder than the other.
I still keep finding myself looking for another way to make a better life for my wife and I.

We have an amazing life right now.
We've been able to be selfish and kind of over-do-it from time to time.
But I want more. Greedy, no. Maximizing what I got, yes.

But I suppose, everyone could say that.


I am also having much different feelings about music lately.
When I was growing up, I had MTV (when it had music on it)
and that was about it for getting my new music.
I had one country channel and one rock channel out of Amarillo. Z93.

If I would've had, iTunes, Vuze, and myspace back then.
It could've quite possibly changed my entire life.

I feel like I spent so much more time listening to a new album.
Of course, music was all about the younger "figuring it all" stages of life.
So, I think it almost meant more.

So now, as we grow up and the music flows in.
I find myself casting a stone upon first listen.
And with so much music is flowing in.
I will find one that I have only listened to once.
and wonder why.

I'm a maniac for music.
I want to create my own.
but it would sound like jingle bells.
with loud ass drums.
that are one beat off.

burhur.

at least I can laugh at myself.

Thats another thing.
I'm over the old days.
They were totally fucking awesome... yes.
but there are going to be much much more awesomeness to continue.

I want to become a rockstar, without playing music and touring the nation.

I want to be a rockstar designer/director/manager, music critic, random weekend warrior, perhaps some advising other graphics departments. Life lessons... work lessons... school lessons. I feel like I have quite a bit of knowledge that others could find useful.

Basically figuring out how I can put my skills to work for me in the most successful way. Maybe I need to be a speaker that discusses the interaction and relationships between artists and non-artists. Trying to tell left brainers what the right brainers want. I have both brains working very hard.
ON this quiz.. I had 13 left, 12 right.
Go try it out.



Maybe I just need a personal project. Update my site, update my portfolio.

Maybe I just need to clean out the garage. Get rid of some baggage.

Maybe I just need to calm the fuck down.

naaah, that's not it.

I guess I will just have my right brain and left brain belt it out some more.
continue growing.

1 comment:

Ashly said...

haha. I got 10/10. I'm right there with ya, buddy! i used to be totally right brain dominant, guess that shows you what personal growth will do for ya! :)

Maybe we should put on seminars together. :) And charge lotsa money...