So, now that I'm driving a car that seems a bit more me.
a bit more simple.
I keep having thoughts of what it would feel like
to be driving to work if I was in my little bitty hometown.
And it puts me back to when I was actually driving to work
in my little bitty hometown.
A few summers after I graduated high school,
I went back and worked at home instead of finding a job in Stillwater.
And I remember at that point thinking, this is it.
Driving this ol' truck down these same ol' roads.
Going to a job, in order to make money, utimately in order to survive.
And I remember thinking, It's not too shabby.
Keeping it simple.
No jet setting, hollywood, millionaire shit.
Just simple livin'.
For quite a few years I couldn't even remember
what I was like when I was out there.
Like who I was, how I acted.
It must've been the barley, hops, and bong resin.
But it felt like I was a totally different guy.
Because I was living a totally different life.
But now... As the dust settles.
I feel like I am the same guy that I was out there,
with a little added culture and knowledge.
I feel like the man that I've wanted to be.
The guy I thought I could be when I grew up.
and I fucking dig the shit out of that.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment