Monday, January 02, 2006

Feel Blessed, and Be a Blessing.

Happy New year folks.
Not only am I am going to feel extremely blessed this year, I am going to try to be a blessing to those around me.
This was one of the best holiday seasons that I have ever had . . . that is because I spent it with my wife.
Now its back to the grindstone of the day in day out work schedule.
That 8 days that I worked in December was grand, or should I say the 23 days that I had off was grand.

Anyway . . . I wanted to post the letter that I wrote to by Dad and was read by Ragan (go check out www.tablezero.com) during the wedding.
----------------------------------------

Dear Dad,

Through the years you have taught me right and wrong.
I have questioned your advice time and time again . . . then made the wrong decision and in reflection, known that you were right. The question of whether “unconditional love” exists is answered with the love that you have shown me over the years.

We’ve had our rough and tumble times, and we’ve had some explosive conversations, but as I have grown older and have mellowed, you have grown older and mellowed. And the advice that you have given me touches me everyday . . .
And lately more and more times DURING each day . . . More than it ever has in the past.

You are the wisest man that I know . . . You have done more things and accomplished more than anyone that I have ever came in contact with . . .
And now, after numerous years of being bitter, I have to figure out how you knew what was right. Because now I see the image of what you knew I was capable of.
The life that you have asked for, and the life that you have wanted for me is there . . . And now I see it. As you said in your song . . .
“All of my life, til now”
“I hoped and I prayed, that some upcoming day”
“Our son’s, they too, could hold in their arms a girl like you”

Well, Dad . . . as you and I know, I have found a lady with the same big, warm, forgiving heart like your wife . . . My mother has done more for me than anyone could ever possibly imagine, and I know that you know that . . . I love you both so dearly, and know in my heart that Caroline & I will abide by our parents knowledge . . .
Because the most amazing thing in life, is a great family.

I love you Dad!

Kevin

No comments: