Let me first state, that I am ignorant to alot of this. I have though read a few books by Kerouac and a few by Thompson. I Dig them. Now Dave's book "My First Wife was a Whore" is more like Bukowski . . . or at least that is what I am gathering. I haven't read much Buk. It's a bit "out there" for my tastes. I kinda like words that flow together to make sentences. And shit.
contridiction. ignorance. and steadfast carelessness. Lets me say these things.
Now I am kinda in an artsy fartsy mood.
but anyway, I might have grouped Kerouac in with Bukowski last night when I was discussing things with my wife, but the truth be told. I don't think I should have.
I don't think they are much alike. But I am not positive. I would like to hear what some of the pro-readers out there think.
But hey, like Kerouac said . . “Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.”
go read some other quotes, or better yet, read one of the books.
I've dug them, and I don't like reading much.
words.
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I read comics.
True - their bodies of work are entirely different types of animals. The main simularities of Bukowski and Kerouac are basically in overall subject and audience. They both have a place in the "Counterculture" movement. Bukowski is for the most part ... let's face it ... fucking out there man!!
"You're not wrong, Walter. You're just an asshole." hahaha
Post a Comment