Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Boy, I have alot to say, hopefully I say it all.

Oh man . . . where to start. I don't really even want to have like a summary of what I did . . . like an itenerary. Like, no I didn't even try to get in the backdoor . . . but I did get in line early to get the tables that are upstairs right in front of the stage. I actually wanted to see the show comfortably. That was a fantastic idea . . . otherwise, I wouldn't have stayed. I am so proud of the guys . . now in their 11th year as a band . . . successful . . . families . . . it seems to be all working for them, and they are very blessed. The CD rocks . . . I do think that it is their best so far. Good job Mac. . . . . But now for some truth. . . .

Okay . . here it goes.

You know what . . . I can't do it.
I just watched the DVD, and they have been together for 11 years man. That kicks ass. I saw myself in the slide show. Lots of memories in that thing.

I was going to go on a rant about how "rockstar" the shit is anymore. A rant about security, a rant about how the shows just aren't the same. Well, Kevin, no shit. They have played a fuckin thousand shows since the time that you were there beside them. The energy shouldn't be the same, everything changes. And so is life.

I am glad they are successful. I wish them the best. And I do love each of them. Even though I can't talk to them as often as I would like, or be able to give them a hug when I see them. I will always support them and wish them well. Be safe on the road and love your babies.

I do know one thing. At one time I thought that I was cut out and destined to be on the road. Now I see them with pics of their kids on their cellphones. And I just couldn't do it. Caroline is marrying a family man, not a musician. Well, both really, but she is not marrying someone that could be out on the road for a month and a half when there is a brand new baby at home. I just couldn't do it.

Musicians and their wives . . . well . . road dogs and their wives. God bless them. That is hard work. Everything has pros and cons it seems. Rockstar life, normal life . . . I will stick to having some road trips and every once and awhile be able to pretend that I am a rockstar. I think that will suffice.

God bless Ragweed and crew.
You guys rock balls.

Life changes. I have kinda had a hard time letting go of the "rockstar" thing . . . I can't hold on to it any longer. Ragan . . . keep it alive. And I know you will. Now I will become one of the guys who see the backstage through your eyes. One of the crowd of sorts. . . .

But I am still cooler that all of you.

rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are cooler than Red!! Not me though!!!

Unknown said...

Raise your glasses shitheads and drink. I've got to be a rockstar while I still can and get it out of my system... I just ain't there yet. The music still sucks me in.

Haha Craig... and who was the one sending me a text message about getting in the back with the "cool people".