Stillwater . . . "some things never change" as Coop said to the Willie's crowd as the Red Dirt Rangers were getting ready. Willie's was a madhouse . . and the streets were filled with people. Bars were packed. People were nuts. And I enjoyed all of it. It was different cause I wasn't stumbling down the strip like I used too, but that didn't stop me from having a blast. Thanks to TX Jack for letting me drum a couple of tunes. Saw some panhandle folk. Some old friends.
Then the next morning Caroline and I got "showered" with gifts. This whole wedding thing is fun. I forgot that we get presents! Got alot of cool stuff.
Then we took a nap, then off to Tulsa for a ballet . . yes, I indeed said ballet. But it was freaking cool man. World Rhythms. There was an Asian one, an Italian one, and then a kinda an odd mixed African one. Those people are in shape, but white ballet dancers can't really dance like the traditional African folks. Pretty cool sights for something different. There were the drummers on the djembe's and the real African dancers hanging outside the theater, but the ballet part of it wasn't very African. Cool though nonetheless. Before that though we ate at this little Italian Bistro thing. The most amazing food that I have had. Damn it was good. Gonna have my leftovers at lunch.
Sunday, I think was the best day out of all of it. Slept in . . . got up and fixed cinnamon doughnuts like my Mom did every Sunday morning. Watched some TV, took a nap. Then did some house stuff. Doesn't sound that cool, but it was definitely exactly what I wanted to do with my Sunday.
Not sure what this week has in store. I know Saturday I got Red and Ragan coming down to try on some tuxes. Jamie, if you ever read this anymore, your invited too.
Would like to make a show or two this week. But gonna really watch the cash.
Happy Halloween!
Monday, October 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Justify the "coolness" of ballet all you want but its still like naptime in church. :-)
Yeah Mancy will be cool but don't forget about the Gibson/Evans show Wednesday!
The weekend sounds like a winner in all areas!!!!
Post a Comment