Friday, August 12, 2005

First Jazz gig ever!

I have to say that yesterday absolutely ruled. I impressed people at work on a huge project that we are working on, had a few meetings, then went to look at a house to rent. Caroline and I show up at the address that I thought that it was, and walked around the house and peered through the windows . . . all hardwork floors . . nice yard. Once the time hit, and we were a little worried, so we called to verify the address . . . we were . . . well, actually I was 2 roads off and it was 822 rather than 833. But anyway, so we made it to the right house and it really blew us away. It was perfect. Its an old house, but in good shape, really nice back yard with a privacy fence, 3 bedroom, 2 full baths, hardwood floors, very close to work, they keep up with the lawn, comes with a washer and dryer, fridge (so I won't be taking mine back from Ragan), dishwasher, the kitchen has an island . . . its just killer. But Caroline's lease is up at the end of September. But they said that since we would be wanting to stay for a couple of years, that they would keep it for us, and let us put the deposit down in Sept, and then first months rent in Oct. So . . . it looks like wifey and I got our first house together. Which rules.

Then we went to look at the workout facilities at my work. They were freaking bad ass too, and Caroline can go with using my ID, which is really nice. So that worked out great.

Then we headed over to Mushashi's to meet up with alot of folks from work to eat and watch my designer friend Issei (E-say) play his jazz guitar on the patio. It was a blast, and since I had my conga's in the back of Caroline's car, I got one out and started playing it with brushes. I did pretty damn good for playing some jazz. Really it just like bluegrass in a way. But nonetheless, it ruled. Met one of Caroline's old friends Chris. He was really cool too. So, good eats, and drinks, some non red dirt tunes and damn good ones, playing some music that I never had done, and found a house.

Feeling blessed!

not sure whats in store for this evening, gotta run through tomorrow's set list right after work with the boys, then maybe to the sky bar for some $5 all you can drink and eat, and to meet up with Deana and some other panhandle folks, and also to meet her man, and so she can meet Caroline. Then, tomorrow . . . soundcheck at noon, start at 2:45.

deep deuce grill
be there or be stupid.

alright then.
rock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you guys have a good day or what? Glad things are going well!!!!!!!!!!